DO NOT IRON STRAIGHT ONTO SYNTHETIC
Ironing straight on Synthetic will melt the fabric, will mark your blanket and stick to your iron.
ALWAYS use a tea towel or piece of cotton fabric over patch.
- Determine whether your fabric can withstand a heat setting for ironing. Check the tag on your blanket for instructions or type of fabric. If you are unsure use a tea towel or cotton fabric over the area to be patched.
- Empty any water out of the iron IMPORTANT
- Preheat iron to a HOT setting.
- Cut patch to the size of the rip, allowing for some overhang.
- Round corners of the patch with a pair of scissors to prevent fraying.
- Position patch SHINY SIDE DOWN - the sticky side DOWN
- Place the tea towel or cloth over the top
- Press with iron for minimum 3- 5 minutes - keep iron MOVING
- Finish by pressing around the edges
- Allow the patch to cool, then check the bond Repeats Steps 8-10 if necessary